how seo and web design work together

Discussion Of Everything Legal Is Good
DeSexGuide
Posts: 627
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Location: LosAngeles

Re: how seo and web design work together

Post by DeSexGuide » February 29th, 2020, 7:08 pm

Emil wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:21 am
You take the design and make it as seo effective as possible, you start with the design.
yeppers



webcamhostess
Posts: 289
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Post by webcamhostess » March 2nd, 2020, 8:27 pm

Emil wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:21 am
You take the design and make it as seo effective as possible, you start with the design.
well yes you need an idea for a site to build it and then work the traffic side of it.



gotonudecom
Posts: 1314
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 1:54 pm
Location: The 100 acre woods
Referrals: 5
Contact:

Post by gotonudecom » March 8th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Sneaky wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 10:39 am
The chicken came first not the chicken, and the design comes first not the seo.
First DESIGN is LAST PERIOD. Been doing this since 1995. DESIGN is for sure the last thing anyone should consider when building a site.

CONTENT is first. Without content you have NOTHING. If you do design first then you have to force your content into the design. NOT! Then you have to force the functionality into the design.

Functionality is second. Then the content for the functionality.

Once you have all that setup, you can go back and start working on SEO. SEO is not, in whole, what was in 1995, but the basics are still exactly the same.

blah blah
Once everything else is complete and your budget allows you can start working on design. LAST!

This is why I do not work with designers, as a rule. Every time I break that rule I regret it. They think they are first, when they are actually last.


XXX.NUDE.com Strippers.NUDE.com CAM.NUDE.com

The Pagespeed Beta now available and the 100K Sale has extended to Mar 31th
I am offering free Development hosting for WP, for a short period. Keep the hosting as long as you like, However new accounts are limited.
Cause I ain't got time for too many of you. lol!

gotonudecom
Posts: 1314
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 1:54 pm
Location: The 100 acre woods
Referrals: 5
Contact:

Post by gotonudecom » March 8th, 2020, 8:30 pm

BHT wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 7:33 am
The 2 most important group of people who can set this argument straight are designers and seo specialists with experience.
Sorry I disagree.

Maybe I am not defining a designer the same way some of you are.
To me a designer is the person that makes the site look pretty with colors and graphics.

Designers can not help because all they do is design, they are not involved in the rest of the creation of a site. Most have zero clue about anything other and design.
SEO specialists are normally called in after the designer has touched the site and most don't care when they are called in. Most SEO people I know, know very little about SEO to begin with and even less about site functionality.

I was building sites before most people knew what a .com was. I have been doing SEO since before it was an acronym. I have been designing sites since before you could go to University to learn how to design a site. In fact I used to teach classes starting with HTML 1, using HOT DOG as the HTML editor among others, before many of you were alive.

My main business, outside this niche ,has been building sites.

There is no argument, just people that are not well enough informed to know they are WRONG!

Content is first.
Content is now created with SEO in mind. Has been since Google, for sure. Some of you might remember the days of keywords stuffing. You did the SEO research to determine which keywords to stuff, bought the EMD for the best keyword or phrase, then created your content around the keywords, then you hired someone to shove it all in HTML one page at a time. BTW, I used CGI to create my own CMS shopping cart system in 1996, However, I still created pages mostly one at a time.
My minimum for a site in 1997 was $50k (sometimes I have no idea why I share shit!) PONTIFICATION! MUCH?

Once all that is done, if they did not like the way the site looked, we hired a graphics person or team to design the site around what I had already built. NEVER did it increase the conversion rate of a site. NEVER! Only made the site owners, (mostly females) happier about their sites.

There have been many studies performed (years and years ago) and they all surprising came out with the same/similar results. The site design does not affect the performance of a sites conversions in a positive way. In some cases, "better looking" sites performed less than sites that were build with content and functionality alone.

That is right, the old dull sites, with good content and functionality out perform beautiful sites with the same content and functionality.

Yes some of my ( sites were used in these test. My sites were considered to be ugly. Until you look at the bank accounts attached to them.

The ONLY way to gauge the performance of a site is by how efficiently it is reaching the goals of the site owner. Which is normally by the performance of the ROI and the growth in their bank accounts.

Maybe I should have said
Pedantic, instead of pontificate. or both?


XXX.NUDE.com Strippers.NUDE.com CAM.NUDE.com

The Pagespeed Beta now available and the 100K Sale has extended to Mar 31th
I am offering free Development hosting for WP, for a short period. Keep the hosting as long as you like, However new accounts are limited.
Cause I ain't got time for too many of you. lol!

HarryXxX
Posts: 129
Joined: April 2nd, 2019, 8:43 pm

Post by HarryXxX » March 9th, 2020, 10:52 am

gotonudecom wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 8:02 pm
Sneaky wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 10:39 am
The chicken came first not the chicken, and the design comes first not the seo.
First DESIGN is LAST PERIOD. Been doing this since 1995. DESIGN is for sure the last thing anyone should consider when building a site.

CONTENT is first. Without content you have NOTHING. If you do design first then you have to force your content into the design. NOT! Then you have to force the functionality into the design.

Functionality is second. Then the content for the functionality.

Once you have all that setup, you can go back and start working on SEO. SEO is not, in whole, what was in 1995, but the basics are still exactly the same.

blah blah
Once everything else is complete and your budget allows you can start working on design. LAST!

This is why I do not work with designers, as a rule. Every time I break that rule I regret it. They think they are first, when they are actually last.


One of the best answers ever regarding design



User avatar
gspotman
Posts: 310
Joined: June 6th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Post by gspotman » March 11th, 2020, 10:00 am

Listen to gotonudecom he's right



annakieu541
Posts: 1
Joined: May 12th, 2020, 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by annakieu541 » May 12th, 2020, 2:16 am

Use good webdesign with your SEO. You can’t divorce them from each other. But if you marry them together, you’ll see the results both now and in the future.



Webby
Posts: 178
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 7:46 pm

Post by Webby » May 13th, 2020, 1:58 pm

HeidiHoe wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 5:35 pm

You always have to think seo from the get go. If you don't, you'll be doing work arounds, retro fitting, edits to make it work. Think seo when choosing a theme, plugins, content, linkage, purpose, etc. If you fail to plan your plan will fail :)
smartest answer I heard



CanadianChick
Posts: 299
Joined: April 10th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Post by CanadianChick » May 14th, 2020, 11:09 am

Not me when I start a new blog then I add the content, once it is online I start thinking how to get it ranked on Google. The site comes first.



gotonudecom
Posts: 1314
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 1:54 pm
Location: The 100 acre woods
Referrals: 5
Contact:

Post by gotonudecom » May 16th, 2020, 11:45 am

CanadianChick wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 11:09 am
Not me when I start a new blog then I add the content, once it is online I start thinking how to get it ranked on Google. The site comes first.
In the most nicest possible way, that is ridiculous.

Hey, lets dig this hole but not determine where it needs to be, so we can move it after we figure out where it needs to be.

Is it, maybe, you do not understand what SEO is in relation to the content? SEO for 2020 that is. Not that it is much different from SEO 1996. Which was before SEO was an acronym.


XXX.NUDE.com Strippers.NUDE.com CAM.NUDE.com

The Pagespeed Beta now available and the 100K Sale has extended to Mar 31th
I am offering free Development hosting for WP, for a short period. Keep the hosting as long as you like, However new accounts are limited.
Cause I ain't got time for too many of you. lol!

how seo and web design work together

Post Reply