Re: how seo and web design work together

Post by monsta » May 18th, 2020, 11:32 am

Forget the design go for the seo make sales

brt22

Post by brt22 » May 19th, 2020, 8:40 am

monsta wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 11:32 am
I feel content, design, traffic and seo are all equally important, not just any one of those on its own on it's own leads to the sales

fetishnews

Post by fetishnews » May 21st, 2020, 12:27 pm

Best post so far
brt22 wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:40 am
I feel content, design, traffic and seo are all equally important, not just any one of those on its own on it's own leads to the sales

gotonudecom
Referrals: 5

Post by gotonudecom » May 22nd, 2020, 6:08 pm

fetishnews wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 12:27 pm
Best post so far
brt22 wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:40 am
I have built and current manage sites that the only design is the default template and some color changes. Graphic design has very little impact on the conversion rate of a site.

Traffic is not equal to SEO or design.
Without a functioning website, with the proper textual content you have NOTHING!
You can have graphics and not have text or functionality and you have NO conversions. So comparing Graphic design with anything and saying they are equal is like comparing an apple with a mosquito. The mosquito being the blood sucking graphic designer and the Apple being the functionality and base content of the site.

Then 'traffic', really, first without functionality and textual content you have nothing, now without traffic there is no reason to have functionality and textual content. Still, no need for a graphics designer.

SEO, is one of many ways to get traffic to your site, so without SEO, which by the way covers a lot more than most of you realize, without SEO how do you get traffic?

This is why you build SEO basics into your functionality (see WP standards for included SEO) and build SEO into your content creation process.
Now when your functioning website, with textual content is ready you now have a way for traffic to find your site.

Still no need for Graphics. Unless you products and services need images. For proper SEO every page needs at least ONE SEO optimized image. This is the same for the products and services offered on your website. These images are NOT considered part of the graphic designers responsibility. These images are an important part of the base content for the website and functionality.

Still no need for Graphics.

Once you are to the point that you can test the site with live beta traffic and it is working, then you can waste whatever money you want on graphics design. But maybe not.
Maybe if your conversions are low, it is due to the flow of your website. Did you actually put the correct links in the appropriate places? Is your shipping clear throughout the order process or are people leaving once they find the actual shipping price.

I am well know for building UGLY sites, that make money.
I am also well known for taking award winning graphically designed web site, making them less award winning for graphics and then ME winning awards with the site owner as their conversions graph begins a steep upward trend.

I can go on and on but I have paying clients with beautiful sites that are not making money (yet) that I need to go work on.
BTW, this client I am thinking of now had a horrible main menu, almost no footer links, almost zero internal linking, no site flow ( you could get stuck in a category of products with only the horrible main menu to get you out), lets not go into how bad the cart functionality was, etc.

After fixing only the header, footer and some internal linking, the sites conversion rate slightly increased. Slightly, because zero SEO was performed on the creation of the site, thus 4 or 5 visitors per day is currently the average.
Page views went from 2.6 to 6.8 on average. Yes my team removed our IPs from the stats.

The point to take away from this is that, things are NOT equal.
If they were you could perform the tasks in any order. Building a site has a specific order, Graphics are NOT first and are in fact last.

If you think graphic design is equal, then you might also fill a hole with water, before you dig it. Then to learn that you did not need the water to begin with, because now you have a bunch of water where you need to dig a hole.

For those of you that think a shovel is something you lean on, I do not expect you to understand my analogy.

;)

XXX.NUDE.com Strippers.NUDE.com CAM.NUDE.com

The Pagespeed Beta now available and the 100K Sale has extended to Mar 31th
I am offering free Development hosting for WP, for a short period. Keep the hosting as long as you like, However new accounts are limited.
Cause I ain't got time for too many of you. lol!

JamesNet

Post by JamesNet » May 23rd, 2020, 3:34 pm

gotonudecom wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 6:08 pm

I have built and current manage sites that the only design is the default template and some color changes. Graphic design has very little impact on the conversion rate of a site.

Traffic is not equal to SEO or design.
Without a functioning website, with the proper textual content you have NOTHING!
You can have graphics and not have text or functionality and you have NO conversions. So comparing Graphic design with anything and saying they are equal is like comparing an apple with a mosquito. The mosquito being the blood sucking graphic designer and the Apple being the functionality and base content of the site.

Then 'traffic', really, first without functionality and textual content you have nothing, now without traffic there is no reason to have functionality and textual content. Still, no need for a graphics designer.

SEO, is one of many ways to get traffic to your site, so without SEO, which by the way covers a lot more than most of you realize, without SEO how do you get traffic?

This is why you build SEO basics into your functionality (see WP standards for included SEO) and build SEO into your content creation process.
Now when your functioning website, with textual content is ready you now have a way for traffic to find your site.

Still no need for Graphics. Unless you products and services need images. For proper SEO every page needs at least ONE SEO optimized image. This is the same for the products and services offered on your website. These images are NOT considered part of the graphic designers responsibility. These images are an important part of the base content for the website and functionality.

Still no need for Graphics.

Once you are to the point that you can test the site with live beta traffic and it is working, then you can waste whatever money you want on graphics design. But maybe not.
Maybe if your conversions are low, it is due to the flow of your website. Did you actually put the correct links in the appropriate places? Is your shipping clear throughout the order process or are people leaving once they find the actual shipping price.

I am well know for building UGLY sites, that make money.
I am also well known for taking award winning graphically designed web site, making them less award winning for graphics and then ME winning awards with the site owner as their conversions graph begins a steep upward trend.

I can go on and on but I have paying clients with beautiful sites that are not making money (yet) that I need to go work on.
BTW, this client I am thinking of now had a horrible main menu, almost no footer links, almost zero internal linking, no site flow ( you could get stuck in a category of products with only the horrible main menu to get you out), lets not go into how bad the cart functionality was, etc.

After fixing only the header, footer and some internal linking, the sites conversion rate slightly increased. Slightly, because zero SEO was performed on the creation of the site, thus 4 or 5 visitors per day is currently the average.
Page views went from 2.6 to 6.8 on average. Yes my team removed our IPs from the stats.

The point to take away from this is that, things are NOT equal.
If they were you could perform the tasks in any order. Building a site has a specific order, Graphics are NOT first and are in fact last.

If you think graphic design is equal, then you might also fill a hole with water, before you dig it. Then to learn that you did not need the water to begin with, because now you have a bunch of water where you need to dig a hole.

For those of you that think a shovel is something you lean on, I do not expect you to understand my analogy.

;)
Good read

alina

Post by alina » May 25th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Are their designers who really know seo, most I have run into are artistic not analytical types.

bbwlover

Post by bbwlover » June 2nd, 2020, 1:11 pm

Design then do the seo stuff is me way

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » June 2nd, 2020, 6:26 pm

JamesNet wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 3:34 pm

Good read
thank you!

I am offering free Development hosting for WP, for a short period. Keep the hosting as long as you like, However new accounts are limited.

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » June 2nd, 2020, 6:26 pm

bbwlover wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:11 pm
Design then do the seo stuff is me way
Come to the good site of the force BBWlover~!

shoopa

Post by shoopa » June 4th, 2020, 8:40 pm

monsta wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 11:32 am
wise words

how seo and web design work together