The Coronavirus / COVID-19 Thread (Keep all related posts here)

Discussion Of Everything Legal Is Good
fappmaster

Re: The Coronavirus / COVID-19 Thread (Keep all related posts here)

Post by fappmaster » June 6th, 2021, 7:41 am

AlexO wrote:
June 4th, 2021, 10:24 am
It baffles me why people are not getting their vaccines.
That is their choice but when digital passports come out they are going to not like it.

webcamhostess

Post by webcamhostess » June 10th, 2021, 9:39 am

We were looking very bad at Christmas and now things are creeping back to normal in Cali.

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » June 10th, 2021, 1:10 pm

Not good news for mRNA vaccinations

"By Michael Erman and Manojna Maddipatla

(Reuters) - Preliminary findings from two vaccine safety monitoring systems suggest a higher-than-expected number of cases of heart inflammation after the second dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in young men, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Thursday.

More than half of the myocarditis or pericarditis cases reported to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System after patients had received either the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccines were in people between the ages of 12 and 24, the CDC said. Those age groups accounted for less that 9% of the doses administered.

"We clearly have an imbalance there," Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, deputy director of the CDC's Immunization Safety Office, said in a presentation "

More of the story here https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-heart-in ... 26238.html

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » June 14th, 2021, 7:24 am

Not good news for those of us who have been fully vaccinated. Los Angeles man is covid-19 positive after having been fully vaccinated.

"Edmund DeMarche
Mon, June 14, 2021, 1:35 AM

LOS ANGELES-- Dr. Eugene Choi, a Los Angeles-based radiologist, said in an interview published Saturday that he came down with COVID-19 despite receiving the vaccine about six months ago.

Fox 11 reported that Choi is in quarantine fighting the virus. The report pointed out that his wife—who was also vaccinated—was also diagnosed with the disease.

"Even when I think about it today, it’s crazy," he told the station. "I can’t believe I have COVID."

He said that he was surprised when he was diagnosed, but when he learned that his wife was also diagnosed, he realized it was not a fluke. He still insists people should be vaccinated.

A recent study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that Pfizer and Moderna are about 90% effective against infection once two weeks after the last dose have passed. The one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine is about 72% effective against moderate to severe disease, according to U.S. trials."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccinated-l ... 31042.html

yobilinks

Post by yobilinks » June 15th, 2021, 7:22 am

TheButcher wrote:
June 14th, 2021, 7:24 am
Not good news for those of us who have been fully vaccinated. Los Angeles man is covid-19 positive after having been fully vaccinated.

"Edmund DeMarche
Mon, June 14, 2021, 1:35 AM

LOS ANGELES-- Dr. Eugene Choi, a Los Angeles-based radiologist, said in an interview published Saturday that he came down with COVID-19 despite receiving the vaccine about six months ago.

Fox 11 reported that Choi is in quarantine fighting the virus. The report pointed out that his wife—who was also vaccinated—was also diagnosed with the disease.

"Even when I think about it today, it’s crazy," he told the station. "I can’t believe I have COVID."

He said that he was surprised when he was diagnosed, but when he learned that his wife was also diagnosed, he realized it was not a fluke. He still insists people should be vaccinated.

A recent study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that Pfizer and Moderna are about 90% effective against infection once two weeks after the last dose have passed. The one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine is about 72% effective against moderate to severe disease, according to U.S. trials."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccinated-l ... 31042.html

No vaccine so far has been shown to protect you 100%, they all help reduce the risk of infection so I am for them.

The Coronavirus / COVID-19 Thread (Keep all related posts here)