everyone has become too touchy about race

Discussion Of Everything Legal Is Good
pussyhunter

Post by pussyhunter » June 24th, 2020, 11:07 am

Statutes being ripped down, foods being renamed, history being re-written and protests. Enough of this mayhem, let's all try get along. This is not solving the real racism issues, it is just causing people anxiety and division. We have to try get along not keep saying I want this I want that and I want respect.

We all know slavery was bad, no one disagrees, we know there is racists out there, so what comes next Asian Americans going out doing all this on the streets, Hispanics what about the native Americans who were here first and got a raw deal.......

Let's not feed the race card but work towards a United States for all citizens not make it worse.

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » June 24th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Wrongs have happened that need to stop, but it can not happen with protests every day or violence. Here are my thoughts on the subject:

1. You push an issue too far and those who are sympathetic to your cause get tired and will be less likely to support you. No one likes being scared to go out or be stuck in some protest for hours because of the crowds or road blocks.

2. You can not get sympathizers to your cause if your peaceful protests turn violent and lead to injuries, death, damage to property or looting.

3. Re-writing history or pretending it did not happen is wrong. How else can you say look what injustice was done to us if you remove the facts form the world. How else can you fight your cause if you have nothing to turn back to and say these things or people did wrong.

4. defunding or reducing the police is stupid, look at what happened a couple of weeks ago when people were looting, burning cars and property. You need cops to control the bad elements out there, obviously they are out there waiting for opportunity to go about do their damage and staling.

5. You have to work withing the law and system to get real change have a platform and run for office get elected, do the will of the people if you get elected. If you are not elected then tough luck people don't want your ideas to go through. That is what we call a democracy.

6. If you are part of a minority group act nice, do good and stay out of trouble with your friends, strangers and the law. If you break the law or damage property what you are doing is helping people stereotype you for your skin color, race, ethnicity or whatever. Behave and be good to others, people like that and respect you for it. You get in the news for doing the right thing and bad thing, try be the person in the first group.

7. Family is where kids learn about life, teach them respect and have them go to school. I can not stress the school part enough. You don't see higher educated people (who are usually richer than the high school drop outs) looting or rioting, lack of education is why people have no decent paying jobs and no future, they get stuck in the welfare system happy to get a hand out from the government and not get a head in life. Their kids end up being stuck in this vicious cycle.

I could go on but won't bore everyone with my thoughts.

bill

Post by bill » June 24th, 2020, 1:34 pm

don't worry .... slavery is still thriving in africa and some middle east countries and it will last for centuries there

bill

Post by bill » June 24th, 2020, 1:50 pm

this is going on in El Salvador today

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » June 24th, 2020, 2:42 pm

bill wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:34 pm
don't worry .... slavery is still thriving in africa and some middle east countries and it will last for centuries there
Totally wrong

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » June 24th, 2020, 2:44 pm

bill wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Remember that from a month or two ago, aren't they prisoners. So much for social distancing.

gspotman

Post by gspotman » June 25th, 2020, 10:52 pm

bill wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:50 pm

To close for covid-19 and comfort :roll:

CTE

Post by CTE » June 28th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Well about time Trump signed an executive order that taking down statutes will be a crime.